Per Article VII(1) of our constitution, we are requesting nominations for the following positions
1. President of TACO for 2021
2. General Trustee for 2020 & 2021
Board of Trustees decided to implement Nomination Fee structure for this Election. Please contact Board of Trustees (BoT) at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the following process.
1. Non Refundable Nomination Fee for President Candidate is US $500 and General Trustee Candidate is US $250.
2. eMail a scanned copy of duly completed nomination form along with a Copy of the fee (Money Order or Cashier’s Check only payable to “TACO”) by 11.59PM EST, September 28th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Signed and duly completed nomination form along with Nomination fee (Money Order or Cashier’s Check only payable to “TACO”) shall be sent in via USPS or similar mail service provider attached and mailed before September 28th, 2019 (Please allow sufficient time to mail your nomination form and check to be received in due time):
Address: TACO 2019 Elections, 5689 Decker Dr, New Albany, OH 43054.
4. Nomination form received with incomplete information and or received after the above mentioned timeline will be rejected.
5. Election Officer will hand over the nomination fee to TACO president after verification process is completed.
6. Nomination fee is nonrefundable and will not be returned to applicant even though his / her application is rejected or withdrawn.
7. Nomination fee will be use to cover the election related expenses by the Executive committee.
8. Any questions/concerns/issues raised by the general body related to Nomination fee will be addressed by TACO BOT.
Interested candidates applying to these positions should follow the above process to send their nomination forms.
President Nomination form – https://tacosite.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=617c9436f846c56c22fb119f5&id=27e5772a57&e=57d2d96c9f
2020 TACO General Trustee Nomination form – https://tacosite.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=617c9436f846c56c22fb119f5&id=e68b080f16&e=57d2d96c9f
The Election Officers have determined the schedule below for this election:
Ø Sep 15th 2019 – Start Date to File Nominations for the above positions.
Ø Sep 28th 2019 11.59PM EST – End Date and time to file Nomination for all positions.
Ø Oct 1st 2019- Election Officers verifies, approve, and announce nominations to Candidates only.
Ø Oct 6th 2019 11.59PM EST – End Date and time to withdraw nominations for all positions.
Ø Oct 8th 2019 -Final list of Nominations will be announced by the election Officers.
If multiple nominations are received and elections are required.
Ø Oct 19th 2019 – 1st Phase of TACO elections at St.Johns Church, Dublin, OH
Ø Oct 26th 2019 – 2nd Phase of TACO elections at the Deepavali Event.
ü Candidates should be proposed and seconded by TACO members whose membership dues were paid before May 31st, 2019 only.
ü TACO Election committee will verify the nominations by calling the candidate(s) and the members who nominated the candidate. These calls will be made to the phone numbers provided on the form.
If elections are needed, the following procedures will be followed:
1. A member is eligible to vote if his or her membership dues were paid by May 31, 2019. A list of eligible members are published on TACO website and can be viewed by clicking here . Please check to make sure your eligibility. If your name appears on this list, you are eligible to vote. If you believe that you paid your dues by May 31, 2019, but your name does not appear on this list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. This e-mail should be sent by October 6, 2019. These will be reviewed promptly by the membership committee and election officer and necessary updates will be completed if valid. E-mails received after that date will not be entertained. There will also be no discussion of eligibility issues at the site of election.
2. Members who paid their subscription as single will get one vote. Members that paid a family membership will get two votes; however, family membership constitutes spouse only for the second vote. (Please note that these names should be in the eligibility list published on TACO website.)
3. Election if required will be held in two phases. 1st Phase of Election will be held on Saturday Oct 19th from 1PM to 6PM at St. Johns Church, Dublin, OH. 2nd Phase of the election will be held at Westerville North High School on the day of the TACO Deepavali function (October 26th,2019) from 11AM to 6PM.
4. There will be multiple stations for voting. Stations will be grouped in alphabetical order by last name.
5. Election will be conducted via secret ballot. A ballot is given to an individual after verifying their eligibility. The individual will have to show a government issued picture id (e.g., driver’s license) to be eligible to vote. Other forms of ID (e.g., employer issued ID, credit card) will not be accepted as valid forms of ID. The name in the ID should match the member name in the membership list. The individual will then mark their vote and deposit the ballot in the ballot box. The individual will also verify that they voted by signing a sheet that confirms their receiving the ballot. Eligible voters without a government id will NOT be allowed to vote.
6. Any questions about the election process will be directed to the Election Committee. Neither the Executive Committee nor the Board of Trustees will respond to e-mails or phone calls about the election. For any clarifications about this process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We request your co-operation in conducting this democratic process very smoothly. Thank you, in advance, for following the rules described above.
2019 Executive Committee
Telugu Association of Central Ohio (TACO)
Web site: www.tacosite.com